Note: Please contact us if you wish to add information to this article. Thank you!
(You may use this as reference for the many dozens of other FTP products out there, this one just happens to be very popular)
Basic Steps to configure Core FTP to use FTP over TLS (FTP over SSL):
1) Go to Site Manager (File, Connect or use the Site Manager icon)
2) Type the host (complete server name. i.e.: server.parcomweb.com
3) Username (your cpanel main userID)
4) Password (your cpanel password)
5) Port: 21
6) Connection: From the drop down choose AUTH TLS
7) The default checkboxes that appear will work if left at the default settings.
When you connect you will receive a certificate notice that you will need to accept in order to have the SSL connection for FTP use.
Note: This is subject to change without notice as the software vendor may change the product. FTP over SSL is the preferred way to access your account in a secure manner. (SFTP is not supported because you would require SSH (terminal) access that is not available on your shared hosting account.) All of your FTP accounts have the ability to access FTP over SSL.