Note: Please contact us if you wish to add information to this article. Thank you!
The US Nexus requirement specify that all registrants must fall into one of the following categories to register in the usTLD:
1) A natural person
a) who is a United States Citizen (category C11),or
b) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories (category C12).
2) A U.S. organization incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories or a U.S. federal, state, or local government entity or political subdivision thereof (category C21).
3) An entity of organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories that
a) Regularly engages in lawful activities (sales of goods or services or other business, commercial or non-commercial, including not-for-profit relations in the United States) (category C31), or
b) has an office or other facility in the U.S. (category C32).
To register a name, registrants, through their registrars will be required to provide basic registration information to the Registry.
The minimum required information is:
* The domain name registered;
* The IP address and corresponding names of the primary and secondary name servers for the registered name;
* The registrar name and URL or, where appropriate, the identity of the delegated manager under which the name is registered;
* The original creation date and term of the registration;
* The name and postal address of the domain name registrant;
* The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the name holder for the name registered;
* The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the technical contact for the name registered; and
* The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the administrative contact for the name registered.
In addition to the above information, registrants will be required to provide certain additional Nexus Information to their registrar. Except where it is noted below that a registration will be denied if information is missing, failure of a registration to satisfy Nexus will result in the name being placed upon a 30-day hold during which time the registrar will be notified and given the opportunity to correct the information with the registrant. If no action is taken by the registrar within the 30-day period, the registration will be cancelled and the name will be returned to available status. The registration fee will not be refunded. If, on the other hand, the registrar is able to demonstrate compliance with the requirement and the information is corrected, the hold will be released and the name will be registered.
* Certification that Registrant satisfies nexus requirement -- if not completed, then registration will be rejected;
* Basis for compliance (Nexus Category 1, 2, or 3) -- if not completed, then registration will be rejected;
* Certification that the listed name servers are located within the United States - if not completed, then registration will be rejected;